Saturday, July 14, 2018

DIY Food photography backgounds

I've been busy for the last couple of days. Been busy doing my website zestytasty.com its still on the 1st phase which lacks a lot of content. I think I have a lot of banners and advertisers than the actual contents of my site. I have to really overhaul the site a bit.  So if anybody who's kind enough to make some suggestions, please feel free and send me a message. I'll be really grateful for your help.

I have to cook, take photos, write recipes, manage social media accounts and all. Wow! Its a lot of work. I hope my site will be stable soon and be more like a normal website.

Moving on, last Tuesday, the 10th, me and my daughter went to the hardware store to get some paint for my DIY food photography backgrounds.


She said "This is the sky!"

Our friend who works there assisted us kindly for me to get the most basic kit I needed for my project.

I got 3 colors of paint. White, blue and brown. My plan is to make it a weathered wood texture so I bought a sandpaper also. I hope my plan will work.

I have watched a lot of youtube videos diy food photography hacks. I already planned to do my lightbox, i have all the materials that I need, but I think painting is more appealing than cutting a whole on a box, putting tape on the backlit material and those kind of stuff like cleaning afterwards.

The paint that we bought was safe and water based so its going to be easy to remove just in case it gets messy.
She said:"Now this is the ocean!'

When we got home, my daughter was really excited to paint. I told her that she has to eat lunch first then we can paint. While waiting for her to finish eating, I was preparing the piece of thin plywood, about a quarter inch thick. I think it came from a back of a cabinet so I had to clean it a bit, remove some adhesives and sand it to smoothen out the surface.


I grab something to eat also before we start the project. Painting time! We are going to use the blue paint first. My daughter wants to paint and me to squeeze the bottle while she brushed the paint on the surface of the wood. Then she would give me the brush and her squeezing the bottle. We took turns of who is going to paint and to pour in the paint.

After awhile, (it didn't take long, only about 10 mins) we finished painting it blue. I told her that we have to wait for a little bit for the paint to dry before we add the white paint. Fast forward, we manage to finish painting both sides of the board. The first side is the blue and white, and the other side is the brown and white.
Well, its done!

DIY Background done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What MAKES an IDEAL KITCHEN

WHAT MAKES AN IDEAL KITCHEN.  It is a mistake to suppose that any room, however small and unpleasantly situated, is "good enough...