Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Somewhere Sunday

Last Sunday, my wife suggested that we are going to have dinner outside, her treat! Upon flipping through the pages of Providenciales Dining Guide and looking where and what to eat for both of us and our daughter, we finally agreed to go Somewhere! Somewhere Café & Lounge.

Somewhere Café & Lounge is a beach front restaurant, nice and breezy location island feel. Its about a 10 min drive from our place. When we got there, the restaurant was a bit full. We manage to get a table right away though. There was a local band playing some island tunes.


The server gave us their menu, which we quickly scroll our eyes on the appetizer section and chose between their nachos and dirty fries. Dirty fries won! For the mains, two cheese burgers, one with regular fries and the other with yucca fries. Drinks are two regular cokes for my wife and daughter and one Presidente beer for me.

While waiting for the food to arrive, we took the opportunity to take some selfies.
Dirty Fries
It didn't last long as they served the Dirty Fries quickly. The fries had its share of photos too! Now the taste test. Taste so good! A heap of french fries, chipotle molasses bbq pulled pork, sautéed peppers, onions, fresh jalapeño and filled with lots of cheddar and jack cheeses that my daughter thought its pizza!

Half way to our appetizer, the mains were served. We immediately tried the yucca fries. Its crispy and it has a different good taste than that of a potato fries. 

We proceeded with the burgers. I was not expecting that the burgers would be a little plain, and not with a heavenly tune inside your head presentation.

Cheese Burger & Yucca Fries
The burger has angus beef patty on a fresh bun, lettuce, tomato, and onions. I would suggest for them to at least also season the meat a little bit more. My burger was a little bit bitter probably from the burnt edges. A little bit dry too, but I ordered a medium well.

The tomatoes have a lot of seeds i them as well. I hope I am not ranting but I just want to let them try to improve what already is good.
 After a few minutes, I gave out a loud burp! My daughter was laughing at me hysterically! Well, a good meal ended and still have a few left overs so we asked for a leftover container. They gave us an earth friendly recycled card container, similar shape with the styrofoam but eco-friendly. We stood up and walk slowly due to our super full bellies. 

Plasma Car
On our way home, my daughter asked us if she could go to the park and drive her Plasma CarWe went to the parking lot of the track and field.

We stayed for about 20 mins and waited until the sun set and head home. It was a nice Sunday fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What MAKES an IDEAL KITCHEN

WHAT MAKES AN IDEAL KITCHEN.  It is a mistake to suppose that any room, however small and unpleasantly situated, is "good enough...